≡ به سوی جهانی زیباتر ≡
جهان، در انتظار جهانِ تو است!
به اینستاگرام فستیوارت بپیوندید.
وبسایت بورسیه تحصیلی کارشناسی ارشد و پست دکترای رشته های مرمت و احیای آثار و بناهای موسسه اسمیتسون برای برنامه حفاظت از آثار موزه ای
بورسیه تحصیلی کارشناسی ارشد و پست دکترای رشته های مرمت و احیای آثار و بناهای موسسه اسمیتسون برای برنامه حفاظت از آثار موزه ای اعلام می شود.
■ مهلت: ۱۰ آذر ۱۳۹۶ ■
- این بورسیه توسط موسسه اسمیتسون| Smithsonian با هدف ایجاد فرصتی برای کسانی که اخیرا از دوره کارشناسی ارشد مرمت و احیا آثار هنری یا معماری یا معادل آنها و یا دانشمندان مرمت و احیا، منجمله کسانی که در سطح پست دکتری قرار دارند و علاقمند به انجام پژوهش و بدست آوردن تجربه بیشتر در آزمایشگاه های مرمت موسسه اسمیتسون برای حفاظت از آثار موجود در مجموعه های موزه هستند، در نظر گرفته شده است.
- برای ثبت نام و ارسال مدارک تا ۱۰ آذر ۱۳۹۶ فرصت دارید و نتیجه بررسی تقاضاهای شرکت کنندگان تا قبل از ۱۲ فروردین ۱۳۹۷ اعلام می شود.
- برای حضور در این دوره باید توانایی نوشتن به زبان انگلیسی و گفتگوی روان به این زبان را داشته باشید.
در صورت نیاز به متن فارسی این فراخوان، عضویت ویژه خود را از طریق لینک https://festivart.ir/vip فعال کنید و سپس تقاضای خود را برای https://telegram.me/honarpazhouh درمیان بگذارید تا خبر برای مترجم ارسال شود. با عضویت ویژه، علاوه بر این فراخوان، به مدت دو ماه به همه خبرهای ویژه دسترسی خواهید داشت.
These fellowships are offered through the Smithsonian’s Office of Fellowships and Internships. They are administered under the charter of the Institution, 20 U.S. Code section 41 et seq. Fellowship awards under this program are contingent upon the availability of funds.
his fellowship program is offered by the Smithsonian Institution to provide opportunities for recent graduates of ma st ers programs in art and archaeological conservation or the equivalent or conservation scientists, including those at the postdoctoral level, who wish to conduct research and gain further training in Smithsonian conservation laboratories for conservation of objects in museum collections.
These fellowships are offered through the Smithsonian’s Office of Fellowships and Internships. They are are administered under the charter of the Institution, 20 U.S. Code section 41 et seq. Fellowship awards under this program are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Applicants must propose to conduct research in the conservation of objects in museum collections in conservation laboratories at the Smithsonian Institution. Past or current Smithsonian fellowship recipients are eligible to apply for future Smithsonian awards.
- No employee or contractor of the Smithsonian Institution may hold a Smithsonian fellowship during the time of his/her employment or contract, nor may an award be offered to any person who has been employed by or under contract to the Institution in the previous year, without the prior approval of the Office of Fellowships.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English. All application materials must be presented in English (foreign transcripts may be translated, see below).
How it Works:
Postgraduate/Postdoctoral Conservation Fellowships are usually awarded for one year, but applications for shorter periods will be considered with three months being the minimum. In accepting an appointment, the fellow is expected to be in residence at the Smithsonian except for approved absences.
Financial support, in addition to a Smithsonian fellowship, for such purposes as research travel and equipment may be received from other sources, provided that no special demands are made upon the fellow’s time. Permission to receive additional stipend support must be requested in writing from the Office of Fellowships.
Postgraduate/Postdoctoral Conservation Fellows will conduct research and study in conservation laboratories at the Smithsonian Institution. The prospective fellow must first contact the conservator or scientist with whom he or she would like to work and is encouraged to seek direction with crafting an effective proposal. Previously successful proposals have benefited from the proposed mentor’s guidance in navigating the Smithsonian collections. Applicants should consult the Smithsonian Opportunities for Research and Study (SORS) in advance to select a proposed advisor who can assist with accessing facilities and necessary equipment. The amount of support services available to the fellow will be determined by the workload of the department and the policy of the department chairperson and/or unit director. Additional analytical facilities may be available at the Museum Conservation Institute (MCI). Fellows have access to the Smithsonian Institution Libraries with privileges which include borrowing library materials, inter-library loans, document delivery, database searching, and reference assistance.
It is important that applicants consider the following factors carefully when choosing the dates for the proposed fellowship:
- The schedule of their proposed adviser/host and the availability of required resources.
- The dates of tenure proposed in the application (and any change of dates if the fellowship is awarded) should be selected in agreement with the proposed principal adviser.
- In submitting an application for a fellowship at the Institution, the applicant does not incur any obligation to accept the appointment if selected.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact staff members (listed below) to help identify potential advisers, determine the feasibility of the proposed research being conducted at the Smithsonian Institution, and the availability of relevant resources such as staff, collections, archives and library materials during the proposed tenure dates. Additional facilities may be available to museum or archives fellows for analytical work at the Museum Conservation Institute (MCI).
Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum:
- Kira Eng-Wilmot, Senior Textile Conservator, (decorative/applied arts: textiles, paper, three-dimensional objects) 212-849-8462; email@example.com
Freer and Sackler Galleries:
- Andrew Hare, Supervisory Conservator, East Asian Painting, (objects, paper, and Asian paintings; and conservation science) 202-633-0370; firstname.lastname@example.org Special note: Due to museum construction, the Freer and Sackler Galleries are not currently accepting applications for fellowships in this cycle; however they do welcome inquiries from persons interested in developing a project at a future date.
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden:
- Gwynne Ryan, Chief Conservator, (modern materials) 202-633- 2728; email@example.com
Museum Conservation Institute:
- Carol Grissom, Senior Objects Conservator, 301-238-1236, firstname.lastname@example.org
National Air and Space Museum:
- Malcolm Collum, Engen Conservation Chair, (objects) 703-572-4361; email@example.com
National Museum of African Art:
- Dana Moffett, Senior Conservator, (objects) 202-633-4614; firstname.lastname@example.org Special note: The National Museum of African Art is not accepting applications for the Smithsonian Conservation fellowships but will have other fellowship opportunities available for the 2017-2018 cycle. More information please contact: email@example.com
National Museum of American History:
- Janice Ellis, Senior Paper Conservator, (books and paper) 202-633-3623; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunae Park Evans, Senior Costume Conservator, (costumes and textiles) 202-633-3629; email@example.com
- Beth Richwine, Senior Objects Conservator, (objects) 202-633-3639; firstname.lastname@example.org
National Museum of Natural History:
- Catharine Hawks, Natural History Conservator, (natural history and anthropological objects) 202-633-0835; email@example.com
National Portrait Gallery:
- Lou Molnar, Head of Conservation, (paintings and paper) 202-633-5822; firstname.lastname@example.org
Smithsonian American Art Museum:
- Tiarna Doherty, Chief of Conservation, (colonial to contemporary paintings, paper, objects, and frames) 202-633-5802; email@example.com
Smithsonian Institution Archives:
- Nora Lockshin, Senior Conservator, (archives, books, and paper) 202-633-5913; firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted by December 1, 2017
Notification of decisions will be made no later than April 1, 2018.
General Application Information:
All applications should be sent through our SOLAA system.
Once registered and logged in you will need to complete the requested information regarding mailing address, academic history, current university or college etc.
You can find the application for the opportunity under the Office of Fellowships and Internships.
Files you will need to upload:
An abstract of the proposed research, not more than one page (please upload this in the same file with your Research Proposal).
The full statement of your research, maximum THREE PAGES typescript. It should be double spaced, excluding all other parts of the application, such as the abstract and bibliography. Do not use type smaller than 12 point font. In preparing your proposal, be sure to provide and address the following:
- A description of the research you plan to undertake at the Smithsonian Institution, including the methodology to be utilized.
- The importance of the work, both in relation to the broader discipline and to your own scholarly goals.
- Justification for conducting your research at the Smithsonian and utilization of research facilities and resources.
- Identification of the member of the Smithsonian’s research staff who might serve as your principal adviser/host. Also identify potential co-adviser(s) and/or consultant(s), if applicable. The publication, Smithsonian Opportunities for Research and Study (SORS), contains the necessary information on staff research specialties and current departmental interests to help you determine which staff members are best suited to your research needs. Research staff may be named by applicants to serve as principal advisers, co-advisers or consultants. Affiliated research staff may be named as co-advisers or consultants if they will be in residence during at least a portion of the tenure period proposed. You are strongly encouraged to correspond with your proposed adviser(s) as you prepare your proposal.
Budget and Justification:
Budget and justification for equipment, supplies, research-related travel costs, and other support required to conduct the research itself (excluding stipend and relocation costs). You are encouraged to discuss potential research costs with your proposed adviser(s) before submitting your application. If the funds required to support the research exceed the maximum research allowance of $4,000, please explain the source of additional funds.
A bibliography of literature relevant to the applicant’s proposed research.
Curriculum vitae, including previous and current fellowships, grants, and/or awards, and a description of your research interests. If English is not your native language, describe the level of your proficiency in reading, conversing, and writing in English.
Transcripts (unofficial are acceptable):
Transcripts (or other materials when transcripts are not issued) from all appropriate institutions are required, except for senior fellowship applications. Applicants for postdoctoral fellowships need only submit graduate transcripts. If transcripts or other materials are not in English, the applicant should provide translations.
- You will need the names and email addresses of two persons familiar with your work. Please note that all reference letters are considered confidential unless confidentiality has been specifically waived by the referee. Do not list Smithsonian staff members as your referees; they will have the opportunity to review your application after it is submitted.
- Please provide a copy of your proposal and a copy of Letter to Referee (downloadable pdf)to your referees.
- All reference letters will be considered confidential and the contents will not be revealed to the applicant unless confidentiality has been specifically waived by the referee. Therefore, please have the reference submit in sufficient time to meet the application deadline.
- The application, consisting of the proposal, academic records, and two supporting letters, will be reviewed by members of the Smithsonian’s research staff. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the proposal’s merit, the ability of the applicant to carry out the proposed research and study, and the extent to which the Smithsonian, through its staff members and resources, can contribute to the proposed research.
- Through the system (SOLAA) you will send an email to these referees so they can provide references through the web.
Applications are evaluated by a Smithsonian Peer Review Committee made up of scholars in appropriate fields. Fellows are selected based on the following:
- Proposal’s merit
- Applicant’s ability to carry out the proposed research and study
- Likelihood that the research could be completed in the requested time
- Extent to which the Smithsonian, through its research staff members and resources, could contribute to the proposed research.
The Fellowship Program does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, sex, age, marital status, condition of handicap, or national origin of any applicant.
What is the Smithsonian Postgraduate/Postdoctoral Fellowship in Conservation of Museum Collections Program?
This is a program offered to recent graduates of m aste rs programs in art and archaeological conservation or the equivalent or conservation scientists, including those at the postdoctoral level, who wish to conduct research and gain further training in Smithsonian conservation laboratories for conservation of objects in museum collections.
Who can I contact with questions about the Fellowship or the application process?
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Fellowships and Internships at 202-633-7070 or send an email to email@example.com.
- برای کسب اطلاعات بیشتر درباره شرایط و مدارک لازم برای استفاده از این بورسیه تحصیلی به وبسایت موسسه مراجعه کنید.
غیر از آفرینش هنری و ادبی، به دغدغه بیشتر نیاز ندارید. در صورت تمایل، ثبت نام، ترجمه متن یا اطلاعات و وایز هزینه شرکت در فراخوان های بین المللی برای شما انجام می شود.
≡ برای سفارش ترجمه، ثبت نام یا پرداخت هزینه ها از طریق تلگرام، اینجا کلیک کنید. ≡