فراخوان بیست و یکمین دوره رقابت بین المللی طراحی تایپ فیس TDC و Typography 39 سال ۲۰۱۸ منتشر شده است.
■ مهلت: ۲۰ دی ۱۳۹۶ ■
کلوپ مدیران فونت | Type Directors Club (TDC) فراخوان بیست و یکمین دوره رقابت سالانه طراحی تایپ فیس خود را منتشر کرده است و از همه هنرمندان جهان برای شرکت در آن دعوت بعمل آورده است. کلوپ مدیران فونت موسسه پیشگام بین المللی است که در سال ۱۹۴۶ برای حمایت از تعالی پیشرفت تایپوگرافی در هر دو بخش تایپ و صفحه نمایش تأسیس شده است.
≡ موضوع مسابقه
■ یک شمایل فونت جدید (new typeface designs) که بین ۱ ژانویه تا ۳۱ دسامبر سال ۲۰۱۷ طراخی یا منتشر شده باشد.
■ آثار منتخب داوران گواهی برجسته تایپوگرافی دریافت می کنند.
■ این آثار در ششمین نمایشگاه TDC و Typography 39 نمایش داده می شوند. افتتاحیه TDC64 در شهر نیویورک انجام خواهد شد و نمایشگاه در طول فصل بهار ۲۰۱۸ برقرار خواهد بود.
■ از برندگان درخواست خواهد شد هشت نمونه دیگر از آثار برنده را برای استفاده در نمایشگاه هایی خارج از نیویورک ارسال کنند. این نمایشگاه های سیار در کشورهای آمریکای شمالی، آمریکای جنوبی، اروپا و آسیا برگزار خواهند شد.
■ اعتبار افراد و شرکت هایی که در هر یک از آثار مشارکت کرده اند، در نمایشگاه ها و در Typography 39 محفوظ خواهد بود.
≡ بخش های بیست و یکمین مسابقه
- تک فونت| Single Typeface
- مجموعه فونت | Type Family
- مجموعه بزرگ فونت ها | Type Superfamily
- متن | Text
- صفحه نمایش | Display
- سیتم فونت | Type System
- Pi or Ornament
- طراحی اصلی | Original Design
- طراحی دلخواه | Custom Design
- احیا | Revival
- لاتین | Latin
- غیر لاتین | Non-Latin
■ در هفته بعد از ۲۹ ژانویه ۲۰۱۸ و تنها به برندگان، نتایج اعلام میشود.
≡ هزینه های ثبت نام در TDC
■ هزینه شرکت برای اعضای TDC مبلغ ۴۵ دلار آمریکا برای تک اثر، ۸۰ دلار برای مجموعه فونت و ۱۵۰ دلار برای Superfamily است.
■ برای شرکت کنندگان غیر عضو، هزینه بیشتر در نظر گرفته شده است و برای کسانی که در روزهای آخر و بعد از ۸ دامبر ۲۰۱۷ ثبت نام کنند هم هزینه بیشتری در نظر گرفته شده است.
در صورت نیاز به ترجمه فارسی جزئیات این فراخوان، با کلیک روی این لینک، عضویت ویژه طلایی خود را فعال کنید و سپس تقاضای خود را برای https://t.me/honarpazhouh ارسال کنید تا خبر برای مترجم ارسال شود و سپس در بخش خبرهای ویژه قرار بگیرد. با عضویت ویژه، باتوجه به نوع عضویت، در مدت زمان مشخص به همه خبرهای ویژه دسترسی خواهید داشت. قبل از فعال کردن عضویت ویژه، «حتما» قوانین وبسایت را در لینک https://www.festivart.ir/terms مطالعه کنید.
NOTE: The TDC hosts TWO annual competitions:
- TDC64: Communication Design Competition
– Professional Category
– Student Category
- The 21st Annual TDC Typeface Design Competition
Student work does not have a separate category for Typeface Design and should be entered in the TDC64 STUDENT CATEGORY.
Please refer to the corresponding RULES page for the contest you are entering.
RULES FOR THE 21ST ANNUAL TDC TYPEFACE DESIGN COMPETITION
Any new typeface designs produced or published between January 1 and December 31, 2017 are eligible. Typeface designs may be submitted by anyone involved in their design, production, or marketing. Typefaces created for the TDC, by or for the chair, jurors of the competition, or current members of the Board are not eligible for entering.
Extended or revised versions of older, previously published type designs are not eligible. This includes upgraded typefaces with newly expanded glyph sets in the original script (e.g., with added Latin glyph subsets, design variants, small capitals, ligatures, swashes, alternates, numerical styles, expert, localized and historical forms, stylistic sets, ornaments). However, designs that have authorized additions of scripts other than the original (e.g., from Latin to Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Armenian, Thai, Han/Kanji, etc.) are eligible.
Designs published before January 1, 2017 are not eligible.
All entries with entry forms attached, fees, and one payment form per participant, must be delivered by WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2018, NOON EST
Entries are to be submitted as 11 × ۱۷ in. or 17 × ۱۱ in. (cf. 297 × ۴۲۰ mm – US Tabloid) or A3 (297 × ۴۲۰ mm) unmounted (600 dpi laser minimum) paper proofs. Please submit each individual or constituent font-showing as a separate sheet. Each proof should show the typeface in whatever way the entrant deems appropriate. Proofs may include, but are not limited to, headlines, short or long passages of text, sample pages or double-page spreads of book or magazine make-up, or multi-column text. The requirements for proofs are:
To ensure anonymous and fair judgement of entries, the names of the typeface, designer, client, manufacturer or distributor must not appear anywhere on the front or on the back of the proof.
Proofs should show as complete a character set as possible given the size of the design’s glyph complement and the number of styles in the submission. In the case of complex extended multi-script character sets, insure that the showing is comprehensive enough to allow the jury to judge the design appropriately.
Complex System Showings
Submissions of text and display Type Superfamilies, including digital fonts produced in OpenType format, should follow the above guidelines, but may feature more than one font or style in each showing.
Marking of Entries
Entries must be clearly marked, in the front, upper left-hand corner of each sheet, with the appropriate Family, Competition, Script, and Design categorizations as detailed in the Categories section.
- Single, Display, Latin, Original
- Type Family, Text, Latin, Original
- Type Superfamily, Type System, Custom system for a major news corporation
- Single, Display, Armenian, Authorized extension of a Latin design
Entries submitted by PDF upload must be pre-formatted as 11 × ۱۷ in. or 17 × ۱۱ in. (cf. 297 × ۴۲۰ mm – US Tabloid) for printing by the TDC. A3 format documents will clip or scale inappropriately when printed to US Tabloid. Either vertical or horizontal formats are permitted.
To ensure proper printing by the TDC, please observe the following rules and guidelines:
- Format the originating document to 11 × ۱۷ in. or 17 × ۱۱ in. (cf. 297 × ۴۲۰ mm – US Tabloid). Allow for a one-quarter inch (2.54cm) margin for printer compatibility. Output PDF must be 11 × ۱۷ in. or 17 × ۱۱ in. (cf. 297 × ۴۲۰ mm – US Tabloid).
- Each entry must be in a separate PDF.
- Each entry PDF with more than one page must be a single multiple-page PDF.
- Security settings must be set to allow full resolution printing without passwords. However, security settings may be set to prevent operations other than printing.
- PDF entries must use embedded subsetted settings for fonts, to ensure that outlines, not bitmaps, are printed.
- Non-embeddable fonts must not be converted to outlines; please generate embeddable versions for this competition PDF.
- PDF file names will be altered to match the automatic control number generated by the TDC upload facility. This will ensure anonymity when TDC deals with your design file.
The Family categorization is to be used for the purpose of determining entry fees, in US$. Typefaces may be entered as Single Typefaces or as parts of larger, related bodies of work.
- Single Typeface: Individual typefaces designed to stand alone, with no stylistic variants.
- Type Family: Typefaces designed and entered for competition with stylistic variants such as roman, italic, and bold, or small capitals. Up to and including eight variants are allowed.
- Type Superfamily: Typeface designs that comprise more than eight closely-related variants are considered Type Superfamilies; Superfamilies also include Pi and Dingbat fonts that are stylistically related to the main alphabetic or ideographic typeface designs.
This category refers to the intended function of the submitted design and will determine the typeface’s area of competition.
- Text: Single Typefaces and Type Families, featuring full character sets, intended for use in the composition of text for continuous reading.
- Display: Typefaces and Type Families featuring full or reduced character sets, intended for use in larger sizes rather than body text.
- Type System: Extensive groups of related typefaces featuring separate designs for text and display composition, or groups of related typefaces featuring designs belonging to different style categories, such as serif and sans-serif, serif and slab serif, and serif and semi-serif. Digital fonts in Multiple Master or in OpenType format often fall within this subcategory.
- Pi or Ornament: Typefaces featuring special character sets for mathematical, phonetic, and other specialized applications, as well as ding-bats, icons, symbols, and other pictorial items in a font format. Ornament and border designs are also included in this subcategory.
- Latin: Typefaces intended for use in Latin-based orthographies have historically made up the majority of submissions.
- Non-Latin: Typefaces created for alphabets or writing systems other than Latin are eligible, and should be entered in the appropriate Family, Competition, and Design categories. As necessary, experts in the relevant non-Latin scripts may be invited by the jury for consultation.
- Pi or Ornament: Typefaces such as those created for use in the fields of music, mathematics, linguistics, logic, and other areas that require specialized character sets. Please indicate, in the front entry markings (see Marking of Entries), the field for which the typeface was designed.
- Original: Typeface designs that are original and not derived from pre-existing designs or from existing typeface font software. In a case where the submitted design is derived from pre-existing material, the typeface would fall into the Revivals subcategory, and must adhere to that category’s requirements.
- Custom: Custom or proprietary typefaces that are designed for private use instead of resale. Custom designs may include typefaces produced for use by a specific designer or a design firm, as well as those for corporate or other non-design clients. If the type design is based on an existing typeface, please identify the design source. Please specify the intended use without identifying the client (for example, “a text typeface created for a financial newspaper”).
- Revival: Typeface design revivals that are based on, and closely follow, the designs of pre-existing typefaces must be accompanied by assurances that the revival is authorized and approved by the originator of the design, or by the current holder of the rights to the typeface designs.
No Student Design Category
There is no separate category for student type designs. They should be entered in the STUDENT category ONLY.
No Extension Design Category
Extension designs (added styles, added weights, added ornaments, etc.) that are substantially based on existing designs that are themselves not eligible for entry (e.g., older than 1 January 2017) are no longer considered eligible for judging in the 21st Annual TDC Typeface Design Competition. Only new designs are acceptable.
PDFs must be submitted through the TDC website entry form.
Family Entry Category Notes
For the purposes of determining entry and publication and hanging fees, individual dingbat, symbol, and pi or ornament fonts are treated as equivalent to Single Entries.
All entries, together with fees, and one payment form, must be delivered to TDC offices in NY.
۲۱st Annual TDC Typeface Design Competition / Type Directors Club
۳۴۷ West 36 Street
New York, NY 10018 USA
Entries must be delivered to the TDC offices by WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2018, NOON EST.
If more than one package is shipped, this must be indicated outside each package, e.g. “۱ of 2”. Packages must be delivered prepaid. Non-U.S. contestants should mark each package “Printed Matter for contest entry. No commercial value”. No provision will be made by TDC for U.S. Customs or airport pickup. Any customs fees will be charged back to the entrant.
NO ENTRIES WILL BE RETURNED
THE TYPE DIRECTORS CLUB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE ENTRIES DO NOT REACH THE TDC OFFICE IN TIME FOR THE JUDGING. NO ENTRY FEES WILL BE RETURNED. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THE FREIGHT/POSTAL SERVICE YOU USE WILL DELIVER THE ENTRIES TO THE TDC OFFICE IN TIME FOR JUDGING.
Only winners will be notified the week of January 29, 2018 by email.
Entries selected by the jury will receive Certificates of Typographic Excellence. They will be exhibited in the 64th TDC Exhibition and appear in Typography 39. The opening of TDC64 will be held in New York City and will be on display during the summer of 2018. Winners will be asked to supply digital files of the winning entries for use in Typography 39.
Travel Exhibition Material
Winners will also be asked to supply eight (8) additional copies of winning entries for use in exhibitions outside New York. These shows travel throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asian countries. Credits of individuals and firms that have contributed to each entry will be included in the exhibitions and in Typography 39.
Credits will be requested for selected pieces.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE REGARDING THE ELIGIBILITY OF THE ENTRY’S QUALIFICATIONS, THE CHAIRPERSON’S DECISION IS FINAL.
Entry is declared to be a 2017 production.
I hereby grant the TDC permission to show the work(s) in exhibitions, on the TDC website, and to publish it/them in the TDC annual and other publications. I also allow the TDC to use images of work(s) in all forms of publicity for the competition and exhibitions.
I hereby affirm that the materials I submit to the competition(s) and their publications will not infringe upon any personal, property or intellectual rights (i.e., copyright, trademark, and patent) of others and that I have full power to enter into this agreement and that all information is accurate and hold the TDC harmless from any action resulting from this entry material and information.