How To Enter:
All submissions must be sent through our online Submission Form and include the $25 entry fee. Entries without entry fee will not be considered.
Submission fee is $25/entry. Entrants may submit as many times as they like. Each file submitted counts as a single entry.
All entries must be submitted by March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
Judging & Selection:
Entries will be judged by a panel of Festival officials and marketing and design professionals. Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, theme-inclusion, content, and marketability. If your image is selected, we will require the art in its original file (in layers or vectors) and the font used.
The winning designer will receive a $2,500 cash prize and will be notified via email. Entrants are responsible for providing valid contact information and for checking their respective email accounts for notifications regarding the International Poster Competition. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) calendar days of the first notification attempt – or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable – the potential winner will forfeit his/her prize and Cinema/Chicago retains the right to proceed with the design or select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries.
- Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- While the Artist retains full copyright to their designs, they must permit Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival full rights to use the designs for promotional purposes as long as deemed necessary by the Festival. Full credit will be given to the Artist where possible.
- Some designs may be made available for sale by Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival as posters, postcards, brochure cover designs, and other promotional material. Due credit will be given.
- This competition is promoted by Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival. Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival’s decision is final in every situation. Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- All winners receiving monetary compensation must submit a W-9 form in order to receive the cash reward.
Cinema/Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival do not assume responsibility for entries. Decisions are final. Cinema/Chicago reserves the right to alter the final design or to reject all submissions. All participants agree, as a condition of entry, that their submission becomes the property of Cinema/Chicago. By submitting an entry, the participant gives Cinema/Chicago permission to use and/or sell the image for its purposes including, but not limited to: posters, slides, brochures, advertisements, program books, schedule books, badges and tickets, postcards, and t-shirts. No entries will be returned, so please keep all files and/or scan your work.