فراخوان مقاله شانزدهمین کنفرانس بین المللی انجمن آموزش زبان و ادبیات انگلیسی منتشر شد.
- مهلت: ۱۵ مرداد ۱۳۹۷
Futurology, in its broad sense, advances the following question: what does the future hold in store for us? It is a way of avoiding not being taken aback by the future (unwanted) trends and directions in any field of human endeavor. Taken narrowly, it signifies any academic endeavor aimed, one way or the other, at describing, prognosticating, and even modeling of the future based on an interpretation of current life. It is also a prediction of possible alternative futures based on a thorough and systematic view of how events are unfolding at current times.
Futurology is additionally a practical undertaking in that it seeks to shed light on the best possible courses of action human beings can take to help achieve sustainable development. This requires futurology to be proactive rather than reactive. That is, instead of waiting for future events to occur, humans can make a conscious and concerted effort at imagining the future and seeking to shape it. Insofar as the field of Applied Linguistics is concerned, futurology is intended to delve into the ways scholars, practitioners, and policy-makers can join hands along the way by creating a synergic interaction between current theory, practice, and policy.
- Second and Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Psychology and Language Teaching
- Teacher Education
- First/Second Language Acquisition
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Research Methodology
- Discourse and Pragmatics
- Material Preparation and Evaluation
- Reflective Teaching Practice
- Language Planning and Policy
- Language and Technology
- Classical Literature
- Literature and Cultural Studies
- Comparative Literature (World Literature)
- Post-colonial Studies
- Literature and Modern/Post-Modern Critical Theories
- Literature and Philosophy
- Literature and Feminism
- Children/Young Adult Literature