Standard Chartered Weather Photographer of the Year 2023 Competition is one of the world’s most prestigious weather and climate photography competition.
- Deadline: 27 June 2023
- Now in its 8th year, Standard Chartered Weather Photographer of the Year showcases the world’s most striking weather and climate photographs and provides an international platform to raise awareness about the environmental issues putting our planet at risk.
About The Competition
- The competition is open to photographers of all ages and abilities, including professionals and amateurs, and is completely free to enter.
- Climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing the world today, and its impact on the environment and human health significantly affects sustainable economic growth and the future of society. The competition, hosted by the Royal Meteorological Society, provides an ongoing commentary on the fragility and beauty of the planet.
- Weather Photographer of the Year
- Young Weather Photographer of the Year
- Weather Photographer of the Year – Mobile Phone category
- The competition is free to enter and open to individuals of all abilities.
- The Standard Chartered Young Weather Photographer category is open to anyone under the age 18. Please note that if you are under the age of 13, entries must be submitted by an adult on your behalf.
- Photographs submitted for the competition must have been taken between the 27 June 2018 and 27 June 2023.
- If eligible, photographers are allowed to submit a maximum of five images per category.
- When submitting a photograph, please provide the highest possible resolution available and provide further detail to tell us more about you and your photograph. We cannot accept entries by email or post.
- Full terms and conditions for the competition can be found on the Zealous submissions platform, and in the Competition Checklist section below.
- Its Free.
- Standard Chartered Weather Photographer of the Year
The Weather Photographer of the Year competition offers a £۵,۰۰۰ cash prize to the best overall photograph showcasing the beauty and power of weather, open to photographers worldwide.
- Standard Chartered Mobile Weather Photographer of the Year
The Mobile Category of the competition offered a cash prize of £۲,۵۰۰ to the winner, and specifically for photographs taken on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Standard Chartered Young Weather Photographer of the Year
The Young Weather Photographer of the Year awards a cash prize of £۷۵۰ and is open to anyone under the age of 18 years old to submit their weather and climate-related photographs.